10 Reasons Your Best Friend is a Tree
by Robyn Campbellon October22, 2017
I answered my phone, knowing that this was the call I was waiting for. The call that could change my life. I said ‘hello’ and immediately heard the four little words I’ve been waiting to hear, “You got the job.” I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. I couldn’t believe it was actually happening to me. I felt like I couldn’t breath and began to shake as I thanked him and hung up the phone. A huge grin stretched across my face as I internally cheered. I wanted to tell the whole world but I wasn’t allowed to, not until the decision was made public next week. I needed to tell someone, at least one friend that was patient and could keep the news a secret. They could celebrate with me and support my accomplishment. I stared at my phone in my shaking hand and began to look through my contacts for someone I could tell the news to. I paused on several of my friend’s numbers but none of them felt right. I loved my friends and family, I would trust them with my life but something like this could slip out so easily. Everything I worked so hard for could be gone in a moments notice and I wasn’t going to let that happen. I put my phone back in my pocket, pondering who I could speak to. I gazed out the window to the tree line and suddenly it hit me, I could tell my favorite tree.
Here’s Ten Reasons Your Best Friend is a Tree:
1. They Are Patient Trees cannot chase what they want or run from what’s hurting them. Instead they must be patient, each day growing towards the sun and digging their roots into the earth. Like trees, best friends have incredible patience.
2. They Are Determined Trees seem to be able to accomplish anything, such as being able to grow on the sides of cliffs with just a little bit of soil and a lot of determination. Best friends are determined to succeed themselves but also demand more of you, they get just as happy seeing you succeed as well.
3. They Nurture Us Trees provide the fresh air and food humans need to survive. Best friends help us survive as well -- they give us the love and support we need to keep going in the hard times (after a breakup).
4. They Are The Best Playmates A childhood isn’t complete without climbing trees, picking apples, and pretending to be monkeys swinging on low hanging branches. Like trees, no matter how old we get, we need that playmate that can help us forget about everything and live in the moment.
5. The Need Is Mutual At tentree we know how important trees are for our happiness and health, so we give back what the forest needs in order to thrive. Best friends need us just like we need them.
6. They Protect Us Trees provide shelter and protect us from the environment. Whether its providing shade from the sun or shelter from the rain, they will always be there. Best friends will fight to keep you safe. Even if it means fighting with you!
7. They Listen And Can Keep A Secret A good friend is someone that you can tell anything to and trust with your biggest secrets.
8. We Can’t Take Them For Granted The tentree community knows that tree’s wont always be here if we don’t give back what we take away. Best friends don't ask for much, but we care for them so we give anyway.
9. Sometimes They Need A Little Extra TLC A little bit of fertilizer and a whole lot of love goes a long way.
10. They Are Ever Changing Trees, just like people, grow, change, and develop scars over time. Each tree is unique and requires a different environment to meet their full potential.
For this reason, at each planting site, tentree asks the locals which trees should be planted . Whether it’s in Madagascar, Senegal or Malawi we trust the people that the people who live there to know what’s right for the environment they care so much about. Just like with our best friends, we wouldn't let anyone else choose what's best for them.The post 10 Reasons Your Best Friend is a Tree appeared first on tentree.
Tag: https://www.tentree.com/blog/category/environment/, https://www.tentree.com/blog/category/inspire/, https://www.tentree.com/blog/category/the-number-ten/, https://www.tentree.com/blog/category/treetravels/, https://www.tentree.com/blog/category/uncategorized/
Trees are our Friends
Nature has provided us with a lot of green vegetation. We seldom realize the importance of trees in our day-to-day life. We cannot exist without trees.
There are-many kinds of trees. Different kinds of trees grow in different countries and climates. In cold countries, trees like oak, birch, beech, elm, chestnut, fir and fruit trees like apple, pear and plum are found. In a hot country like India, the mango, the neem, the cotton tree, the banyan and hundreds of other trees are found. Rosewood, ebony and mahagony are some of the trees grown in tropical rain forests of India. Teak is the most common type of tree found in the monsoon forests of India. Coniferous trees like pine and cedar, trees of the Alpine variety like silver-fir, birch and juniper are found in the Himalayan regions.
The uses of trees to men are many. The timber trees supply men with wood for various purposes. The wood of oak, teak and mahagony are hard and are used for making beautiful furniture. The wood pulp for making paper is got from soft wood trees. Trees provide us with different kinds of fruits. The chief fruits of the cold countries are apples, pears and plums and cherries. The fruit trees abundant in the warm countries are orange, lemon, mango and peach. Some other trees are famous for their beautiful flowers having sweet smell.
The climate of a region largely depends upon the trees. By cooling the air, they attract rain. Rainfall is heavy in the forests of the valleys. So a country with plenty of trees and forests gets plenty of rain and a treeless country is often a desert. Thus trees help in the economic growth of a country and also serve to maintain the ecological balance. Trees also stop soil erosion. Cutting down trees will result in soil erosion, flood and drought. Thousands of birds and animals depend on the trees for food, shelter and shade. Trees add to the natural beauty of a place. A land without trees is bare and a country covered with trees is always beautiful.
Trees are of great importance to modern man. So trees have to be protected and preserved. They are our friends. So it is our sacred duty to protect these benefactors of man.
You might Also like
Tags: Argumentative essay topics, creative writing, debate topics, Discussion Topics, essay topics, Essay topics for high school, essay writing, Essay writing Tips, Essay writing Topics, general essay topics, General speech Topics, how to write an essay, Paragraph writing, persuasive essay topics, persuasive speech topics, Public speech Topics, School Essay Topics, speech topics, Speech Topics for high school, Speech topics for kids, Topics for speech